Always Be Careful!
Toys should only be used under appropriate supervision. Always be cautious. Strings can come off of rope toys and dogs might swallow them, buttons can come off to get choked on, dogs can easily chew off pieces of millions of things. Always use common sense, know your dog, and remember, if your dog can get himself in trouble, she will.
In search of home made tug toys I found the following things on the web:
- Dog Toy Out of Old Jeans
- Garden hose tug toys
- Tennis ball toy
- The Tug and Toss dog toy tutorial (ball with braided fleece)
- Make a Rope Dog Toy
- Make-and-build-dog-stuff : tug toys
- More sock toys and toys with water bottles
- How to make your own dog toy in 7 easy steps: guide to making a knotted tug-toy
- DIY braided Tug Toy with handle
- Water bottle in a sock
- Take an old towel or peace of tissue and make some knots in it
Also a DIY project to make a dog leash form Anna Maria Horner: Strapping Young Lab: As promised I have finished up one doggie-inspired project and I am offering it here for you to try. It is really simple, pretty quick and...